Thursday afternoon we came home from work, and Allyson started freaking out because she saw a mouse in the lawn. I told her it was okay. (I was still getting Caden out of the van.) (Of course I would have freaked out too - or should I say it would have caught me off guard.) When I investigated further, we found a baby kitten by the camper. This was a very little kitten, but super cute. It took a little bit of coaxing to get the kitten to come out of hiding and we could get close enough to pick it up. Once I got him in my arms, the rest of the evening was lost - the kids were in love! Allyson kept begging me to keep the kitten in her room. I said "no". She was very insistant that this kitty needed to be kept in a place with doors that could shut. She thought maybe her closet would be a good place for the kitty. I still said no. (what a mean mom!)

Allyson named this kitty Checkers Princess. We haven't figured out if this is a boy or girl kitty, but princess will work for now.
Caden wasn't quite as insitant on having the kitten in the house. He thought it was fun, but didn't care for the claws. He kept trying to get the kitten to eat the big cat food.

He also loves his shirt like Eli. (Thanks Uncle Dan!)
To finish this story - no, the kitten didn't come in the house - it stays outside. And as for the mouse, I kept asking Allyson if she thought the little kitten was a mouse, but she stuck to her story. I went to the van later, and did see a dead mouse in the lawn. So... yes - Allyson was right and really did see a mouse in the lawn. (Better outside and dead, than in my house!) Maybe the cats are a good thing!
1 comment:
That was so nice that another kitty showed up somebody must have remembered there were twins at your house.. Maybe your older cats had kittens and their just now coming out to see the world.
I know you don't want the kittens in the house but if the kids would play with them in the house for a bit -their smell would get in the house and the mice would be scared of that smell. Just an idea!
The pic's are so cute !
Love Grandma Mary
Post a Comment