Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dinner in a Pumpkin

We made dinner in a pumpkin this week. I had heard from Candi that it was good. I was a bit skeptical, but thought I would try it - after all, the kids thought it would be a neat thing to eat. They enjoyed helping dig the insides out of this pumpkin too.
When it came time to eat it, the kids didn't care for the pumpkin part that you could eat. They did like the hamburger mix inside. After we were finished eating, I called my mom to ask her what to do with all the leftover baked pumpkin. She informed me that I could make pretty much anything that you would use canned pumpkin for. We made a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip muffins - that we love. I am sure we will be making more of those very soon!














1 comment:

Candi Ladwig said...

So glad you tried it! It is yummy, huh?! We don't eat the pumpkin either, but now I'll have to try the cookies with the leftover! {I usually just throw it out}