Sunday, May 13, 2012

Chasing the Sun by Tracie Peterson




Chasing the Sun is Book One in the Land of the Lone Star series by Tracie Peterson
This book is set in 1963. Hannah Dandridge is a young woman forced to grow up and make adult decisions and take on adult responsibilities.  During the Civil War, Hannah's father decides to travel from Texas to be with his ill mother.  Motherless, Hannah stays in Texas to care for her eight year old brother and five year old sister.  Hannah's father's business partner, Herbert Lockhart,  shares news with Hannah that they believe her father has been taken prisoner on his trip.  William Barnett comes into the story as the owner of the land that Hannah and her family were given during the war.  With many worries about her father, the war, her and her siblings future, Hannah does her best to provide for them.  They face many challenges living on a ranch in Texas.  Hannah is a christian woman and trusts that God will protect and provide for her and her family.  Hannah also believes that God leads her where He believes she is needed.  This belief finds Hannah alone among the Comanche Indians, caring for them as the tribe has small pox.  
This book holds many adventures about living on the ranch.  
I really enjoyed reading this book.  I hate to admit this is the first book by Tracie Peterson that I have read.  I can say this will not be my last!  I loved the details weaved into the story.  

Thanks to Bethany House Publishers for providing a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.   

No comments: