I did bring them in (more for my peace of mind) and they ran right to their lockers, hung up their backpacks, and ran right to their room! They didn't need me. They were so excited for school to begin. No tears from anyone!
When we got home, they both had to share what they did today... they "watched a movie in the principal's office about the 3 little pigs" (in the gym they watched something about the 3 little pigs on a big screen). They also got to play "bolleyball and basketball at recess in the gym" (because it was rainy). They were disappointed because preschool wasn't all day and they had to go to daycare in the afternoon. They are so excited to go back tomorrow!
I have a funny story to share. We have been talking about what we want to be when we grow up. Caden wants to "work at Tye's dentist and fix teeth" and Allyson "wants to work there too - but watch the prize chest".
Allyson also told me this morning as we were pulling into the parking lot to school "when I get done with this school, I want to go to college." Wow - I will remind her of that in the years to come! She didn't even have 1 day of school down and already she wanted to go to college! Aim for the stars!
1 comment:
So glad it went well. And how encouraging that they are such forward thinkers! LOL! So sweet. Tell them Shianne will be jealous when she sees they have lockers. She was hoping she'd get one this year but she has to wait until 7th grade! =)
Post a Comment