Friday, August 22, 2008

What a Wacky Night

Last night, we went to












for the kids to make a pal.
About 3 months ago, the kids got new teachers in the preschool room at daycare. At first, they both were unhappy when I would drop them off at daycare because they were unfamiliar with the teachers. I thought it would get better. Well, Allyson got a little better, but still would cry, or cling to me when it was time for me to leave for work. They both would start saying before we pulled into the parking lot for daycare "I don't want to go to daycare". Caden got a little better, but would copy what Allyson did. Also Caden had got a note home last week saying that he was having some trouble with listening, and was in time out more frequently.
I made a deal with both kids and told them that if Caden didn't have so much time out time, and Allyson didn't cry when I left to go to work, that they could each pick out a toy at the store. They were both excited about that. Through some great communication with the daycare, I got the report today that Caden has been doing very well with listening and has not had to spend much time in time out, and Allyson the last 2 days has been really good when I leave daycare.
We have started giving hugs before I leave them at daycare. I will ask them on the way to daycare how many hugs until mommy can leave. It is anywhere from 3-5 and then 1 kiss. Then they know they have to say "good-bye mommy" and I am going to leave to go to work.
I wanted to make the toy special, and since we have never done this before, it was just the thing.
Allyson picked out a Calico Cat, and Caden picked out a T-Rex dinosaur.

Filling our pals with stuffing and checking to make sure they are cuddly enough.














Next we got to use magic to give our pals a loving heart.

The gal asked how old the kids were. Allyson answered "3" by holding up that many fingers. Caden stated "4". He has this idea that he is four. We try to tell him differently, but it's not worth the fight. We had to pat our nose 3 times, wiggle our ears 3 times, touch our toes 3 times, etc and then had to close our eyes and hold our hand out. The gal put the heart in their hands and told them to make a wish. Allyson wished for "a kitty" and Caden wished for "a dinosaur". (Wow - their wishes came true! If only they could all be so easy!)















Giving the cat lots of love.
































Giving our pals an air bath - to get them all fluffy and soft.
Giving our pals a name for the birth certificate.
Caden named his dinosaur - RRrrr
Allyson named her cat - Princess Meow, Meow.
Next we got to pick out clothes for our pals.















A big dinosaur. Getting ready to leave with our new pets.
















2 comments:

Candi Ladwig said...

The "stuffy-wuffs" (as Hallie says) are always more fun & special when the kids make them!

Carey said...

Looks like the kids had a grrrrreat time!! Thanks for sharing the cute pics. I'll have to make sure Shi sees them, too.