Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Baby Jesus and Christmas decorations

Driving home today, we passed a nativity scene and Caden said, " Hey - Hey - There's Baby Jesus!"
He thought we should stop and see it.
Wow - I am amazed at how much kids notice!
What a neat thought that he can recognize the manger and Baby Jesus. It makes me sad to think that in some areas the freedom to put out decorations that remind us of the Very First Christmas, has been taken away! I am so grateful that I live in an area where this is still allowed. I am also proud that my kids have the privilege of growing up to recognize Baby Jesus in the manger.

Sticking with the thoughts on Christmas and decorations, the last 2 mornings, I had to be at work early (before 7 am) and the kids anticipated seeing the Christmas lights as we drove into town. I smiled when they would say - "there's a Christmas tree" and "there's a Christmas house" (meaning that the tree has lights on it, or the house has lights on it). They said the same thing both days!

No comments: