Thursday, April 11, 2013

Shattered by Dani Pettrey


Shattered by Dani Pettrey
Alaskan Courage Book 2

Piper McKenna is convinced her brother Reef, is innocent in a murder case that he is suspected as the killer. She needs to not only find the evidence to prove her brother is innocent, but also find a way to work together with Deputy Landon Grainger.  Landon has been a close friend of the McKenna family for years, but feels torn in what to do when further information that could help the case becomes known.  
The murder of a young snowboarder, Karli, happens at a lodge in Reef's home town in Alaska.  Reef and Karli both compete in snow sports and are in town for a competition.   
As the McKenna family team together to find out more information about the murder, Piper goes on her own to investigate and help prove her brother's innocence.  
After taking a leave from his law enforcement job, Piper and Landon follow the leads they have into Canada in hopes of finding the proof they need.  While talking with other snowboarding competitors, trainers, and other people that knew Karli, they find themselves in some dangerous situations.  Whoever killed Karli is also after Landon and Piper.  Can they find the evidence they need to prove Reef's innocence before the killer gets them?  As they get closer to the truth, and various attempts on their lives, they find themselves trapped in an avalanche.  If they can survive this, will they be able to prove what they have found?  

I loved book 1, Submerged,  in this series, so when I had the opportunity to review the second book, I jumped at the chance.  I was familiar with the McKenna family from book 1, but would say you certainly wouldn't have to read the first book to be able to enjoy this one.  I see that the next book in this series is scheduled to release this Fall.  I will be sure to read that one as soon as it is available.  If you love romantic suspense, christian fiction books, you will love this!

Thanks to Bethany House Publishers for providing a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.   





No comments: