Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Color Run Minneapolis

This July, during our weekend vacation to Minneapolis, we included plans to participate in this run.  
I started training in March, as I am/was not a runner.  
Running went well.  I had run 2 previous 5k's already this summer, so wasn't too worried about the running.  
Dana and I went to pick up packets the day before.  Wow - what a lot of people.  
We woke up early to get to the Minnesota/St.Paul Fairgrounds - the location for the run.  
We were signed up to run in the 8:00 time slot.  We found out at packet pick up that they would sent 1000 runners through the start every 5 minutes.  Wow!  

 Here is our group of gals - all nice and white before the start of the run.

 A packet of color to throw at the end.

 Look at all those people - we were in wave 2!  

 Getting a little colorful!

We did it - look at all that color!  So much fun! 

Our group all colorful!  

What a fun experience!  It was so much fun!  I am glad I decided to give this adventure a try!  It was fun to train (yup - you read that right - fun!) and I am still running!  

No comments: