Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sisters of the Quilt Trilogy by Cindy Woodsmall



When I began reading this book, I assured myself I would give it a fair chance.  It didn't take much convincing.  After reading the first chapter, I was hooked.  This book kept  me interested until the very last page.  I love that it has all 3 books combined in one volume - no waiting to get the next book.  
The book about an Old Order Amish community focuses on the life a a seventeen-year-old girl named Hannah Lapp.  She is forced to face questions that her family, her fiance' nor her faith can easily answer.  After trying to protect the ones she loves, and dealing with her own losses, and rejection, Hannah leaves her Amish community to enter the Englischer world, in search of finding herself.  She deals with the stark differences of what she knows and her new reality.  As Hannah begins to make a life for herself, she begins find herself, while working on healing from her losses.  Keeping no ties to her family and friends back home, they continue to deal with the aftermath of her leaving.  After several years, Hannah returns to the Old Order Amish community in hopes of helping her sister.  After finding the truths about those she loves, Hannah chooses the path for her life.   Does Hannah stay in the Englischer world, or return to the Old Order Amish ways that she was raised?  
 
You can purchase this book here for a great price.  

Disclaimer:  I received the book for review purposes.  No other compensation was received.  All views expressed are my honest opinions.  

No comments: