skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Moments of Truth by John MacArthur
This is a devotional book that is designed around the calendar. Each month has a different topic. January - Beginnings, February - Love, May - Parenting, September - Work, November - Money, Giving, Discipline, and Self - Control, December - Jesus' Birth and Life.
When I received this book, I was hesitant, as I have read my share of devotionals. I was pleasantly surprised as I began reading - at the beginning - January. WOW! One of the first days topic is titled "Don't Give Up the True Beginning". It addresses the worldly ideas and beliefs that Genesis 1-3 is not true. Absolutely NO! MacArthur goes on to give support of why this is not true.
In the Parenting section (May), MacArthur has a devotion titled "Teach Your Kids to Guard Their Minds". I love this as it challenges readers to think about what kids and even parents are putting into their minds via television, internet, etc. "What do you do to model the type of heart guard your child(ren) need?"
The above quote is taken from the May 19 devotion. I love that each day ends with a thought question to ponder. These questions really made me think.
I would recommend this book to anyone that is looking for a devotional book. You can read this on a daily basis and start at the beginning, or you could start in the June section that discusses Marriage, or any topic that you wish. I love that this book has some flexibility for the reader.
Disclaimer: I received this book free for review purposes. No other compensation was received. All views expressed are my honest opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment