Friday, August 27, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

Wednesday was the first day of school.
The kids were so excited.
Tuesday evening, we went to open house to meet the teachers, and find where our rooms are.



















Wednesday morning, the kids were so excited to ride the bus. When I woke Caden up he asked me "is the bus here already?".






































There was a chapel that parents could attend at the end of the school day. I attended, and when Allyson saw me, she gave me a frustrated face and said "ugh - I didn't want you to come" I assured her that they could still ride the bus home.



















When they got home, I was waiting for them. Both ran to the house.
Allyson lost her shoe. Caden was first and gave me a big hug. Allyson was next with a big hug, and then the tears came. She was upset because her brother and a couple "big boys" on the bus were picking on her. Then she told me she wanted to ride home with me. After some consoling and suggesting that if they picked on her, she should sit in the seat behind the bus driver. I also talked with Caden and explained that brothers have to stick up for their sisters when other people are picking on them - and they can only pick on their sisters at home.














All in all, it was a great first day of school and both kids were just as excited on day 2.
Things also went better on the bus the second day.

2 comments:

mary said...

It was so nice to hear about their 1 and 2 days of school- cute pictures!

Carey said...

Cute pictures!! I love it that you told Caden he can only pick on his sister at home. So true. Stick up for them and look out for them outside the house...cuz I'm the only one who can pick on them! Hope the next bus ride was better.