Tonight, after I tucked the kids into bed and said prayers, and gave lots of kisses and hugs, I went back up to check on them because I heard noises coming from their rooms about 15 minutes later. I quietly walked to the the doorway to their rooms, and listened. Allyson said, "Caden, you better go to your room, I heard a noise, it's mommy or daddy." Caden gets out of bed and runs across the hall to his bed. (I was standing 3 steps away from him, and he never saw me!) I stood there for a little bit, and Caden got out of bed and started going back to Allyson's bedroom. He saw me this time, and ran back to his bed. I proceeded to tuck them both in again, and tell them goodnight, with more hugs and kisses. Allyson had to explain to me that "I was just telling Caden a bedtime story."
Now part of me says - go to bed -it is 30 minutes past your bedtime, and I know what you are like in the morning when you don't go to bed. Then the other part of me says - awwww! How sweet.
Is this what my parents felt like when I was little and my sister and I would "sneak" into eachother's rooms to talk and fall asleep? Those were some of the best memories. We would fight during the day, and be best friends when we were supposed to be sleeping.
Caden also has told me twice tonight "I wish I was a dult" I didn't understand him and asked him to repeat himself. Finally he told me again - "I wish I was a dult - so I could sleep downstairs." I asked him why - "so I can sit in the chair and watch tv."
(If it takes a couple times to catch on - Caden wishes he was an adult!)
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
2 months ago
1 comment:
Funny! Tell Caden he and I can trade places. Some days, I wish I was a kid!
Post a Comment