Sunday, September 9, 2007

Day at the park

Friday, we got to spend an unexpected day at the park. It started out as a normal morning, and then Caden was running a low grade fever, so we decided to take him in, since it could possibly be related to the surgery last week. (it wasn't - just a laryngitis - but we did get antibiotic, just in case). We were backing out of the parking space at the clinic, when I heard a clunk in the van.
I went to put the van in drive, and had no power steering. It turned out to be a drive belt. Very easy to fix - but the part had to come from about 1 1/2 hours away :>(
We had at least 3 hours to "waste" so the kids and I went out to dinner and then walked (a long way) to the park.
This day reminded me of how thankful I am for a vehicle that I can drive around it when I need to. It was also a good time to just take our time on the walk. We saw lots of "creatures (bugs)" on the trip. Of course this mom didn't take her camera along because we were just "going to the dr."
On the positive side, it was a beautiful day - and we got to spend most of it outside!


1 comment:

Carey said...

It's neat how something like that makes you slow down and take in the little things like bugs. God's plan for the day, perhaps? Glad it wasn't a big fix!